|Full Name:||webOS 3.0.4|
|Released:||2011 Oct 18|
|Short Name:||webOS 3.0.4|
|Operating System Kernel:||Linux|
|Operating System Family:||Palm webOS family|
|Supported CPU Instruction Set(s):||ARM instruction set|
|Description:||HP webOS 3.0.4 makes TouchPad snappier, includes a new camera app, makes it easier to find great TouchPad apps in the App Catalog, and a number of other improvements.
- New front-facing photo and video camera app.
- Larger tap targets for easier tapping.
- Increased support for Flash & Flash plug-ins, including recognizing accelerometer events.
- Added ability to view only TouchPad, Phone, or All applications in App Catalog.
- Launching and viewing App Catalog contents are quicker.
- Improvements of the user interface include app icon appearance, responsive tap targets, and formatting of the app description.
- You can add songs to a playlist from Album view.
- OGG Vorbis and FLAC media files are supported.
- Setting status (online/offline) per account is now supported. For example, you can be offline on your work account and online on your personal account.
- You can set your status to invisible on Yahoo! Messenger.
- You can now pair a phone that is not a webOS phone to the TouchPad, so you can answer calls on the TouchPad.
- Performance of the Microsoft Exchange Global Address List (GAL) when composing a new email or using Just Type has been improved.
- Added support for the Microsoft Exchange Autodiscover service to assist in setting up Microsoft Exchange accounts without having to enter server configuration information.
- Bluetooth keyboard pairing with generic keyboards has been simplified and now includes an automatically generated pairing code and instructions on how to pair.
- System load balancing: webOS maintains a higher level of overall usability when the system is downloading a large amount of data (for example, during a restore) or is installing apps.
This release addresses a number of security issues with HP webOS software.