|Full Name:||Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2|
|Released:||2007 Nov 10|
|Short Name:||CE 6.0 R2|
|Operating System Kernel:||Windows CE|
|Operating System Kernel Version:||6.0|
|Operating System Family:||Windows (mobile-class) family|
|Supported CPU Instruction Set(s):||x86 (IA-32) , ARM , MIPS , SuperH instruction set|
|Description:||Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 delivers amazing new operating system components that help Windows Embedded CE 6.0 device makers get to market faster with devices that can more easily connect to Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
Here are some of the new technologies and updates provided in this release:
- Support for Remote Desktop Protocol (RDP) 6.0
The Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2 release provides the latest version of Remote Desktop protocol to help enable CE-based thin clients to connect using the latest version of Windows Server remote computing technologies.
- Support for Web Services on Devices (WSD) protocol stack and application programming interfaces (API), together with sample code
By helping to enable Windows Rally technologies such as web services on devices in Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R2, a connectivity technology supported natively by Windows Vista, OEMs can provide richer experiences and product differentiation when their devices connect virtually to a PC over the network and yet behave as if they were directly connected.
- Support for Video over IP telephony calls
- Additional Voice over IP (VoIP) functionality, including a VoIP boot loader application and resources for QVGA landscape and QVGA portrait user interfaces
- Support for the Pocket Outlook Object Model (POOM) and ActiveSync in the VoIP Home Screen and VoIP Contacts applications
- New sample board support packages (BSPs)
- Support for Auto Proxy Configuration Support in Internet Explorer 6 for Windows Embedded CE
- Support for USB CCID Smart Card readers
- Support for Windows Media Player OLE Control Extension (OCX) 7
- Support for flash media management
- A new pluggable font engine framework
- Secure Digital (SD) bus driver that supports SDHC specification 2.00 functionality, such as Secure Digital High-Capacity (SDHC) cards