|Title:||Samsung SM-G950F Galaxy S8 Android 9.0 Pie OTA System Update|
|Released:||2019 Feb 20|
|Description:||Software version: G950FXXU4DSBA
Security patch level: Febr 1, 2018
Android version: 9.0
Upgraded One UI for Android Pie
- Content, settings, and other information have been reorganized to keep you focused on the task at hand.
- Interactive elements have been moved to the bottom of the screen so they are always within reach.
- New designs and features such as Night mode help keep your eyes comfortable.
- You can reply to messages directly in the notification panel.
- Image thumbnails are included in message notifications.
- In an app notification settings, tap the switch once to turn on or off all the notifications in a category.
- New Unicode 11.0 emojis are available.
- New adaptive theme changes your keyboard look based on the colors of the surrounding app.
- Floating keyboard is available in all apps and has new size and transparency settings.
- You can set a custom touch and hold delay.
Device care (formerly Device maintenance)
- Performance modes are streamlined and integrated into power saving modes.
- The Edge panel for device maintenance is discontinued.
Always On Display
- New clock styles have been added, including the option to show a calendar with your schedule.
- Charging information has been added to let you know how much time is remaining until fully charged.
- You can show Always On Display whenever the screen is off, or you can set it to show for 30 seconds when you tap the screen.
- Menus have been reorganized to make settings easier to find.
- Continue using your phone while DeX is being displayed on a monitor or TV.
- Use Samsung DeX with supported HDMI adapters. No need for a DeX Station.
- You can now sort your call history by incoming and outgoing calls.
- Your call history can include up to 2000 entries (increased from 500 entries).
- The new drawer menu makes it easier to manage contacts from various accounts.
- Bixby is all new, with a range of improvements and new features.
- Swipe left from the main Bixby screen to explore the latest features and supported apps.
- You can control the Bixby key in settings to decide what happens when you press or double press.
- The new storage analysis tool has been added to help you monitor your storage usage and save space.
- You can now show or hide items on the My Files Home screen.
- Photo Editor Pro editing tools have been added to Gallery, so you can make all your edits and touchups without leaving the app.
- Your daily step count will be shown in the notification panel. To hide it, press and hold the notification, then turn off Current steps.
Other improvements and changes
- Turn on the screen automatically whenever you pick up your phone using the Lift to wake feature.
- Access Kids Home on the quick panel.
- Call stickers has been discontinued.
- HEIF images are now supported.
- Dolby ATMOS/AC4 is supported.
- Dolby ATMOS/AC4 is supported
|Countries Where Available:||Algeria , Argentina , Australia , Austria , Belgium , Brazil , Bulgaria , Chile , Croatia , Czech Republic , Denmark , Ecuador , Finland , France , Germany , Greece , Hungary , India , Ireland , Israel , Italy , Latvia , Malaysia , Netherlands , Norway , NZ , Panama , Pakistan , Paraguay , Peru , Poland , Portugal , Puerto Rico , Russia , Romania , Singapore , Slovakia , Slovenia , Spain , Switzerland , Sweden , Thailand , Turkey , Emirates (UAE) , UK , Ukraine|
|Regions Where Available:||Asia , Australia , Eastern Europe , Europe , Middle East , South America (SA) , Southeast Asia , Western Europe|