|Title:||Nokia Lumia 830 Windows 10 Mobile OTA Firmware Upgrade|
|Released:||2016 Jul 28|
|Description:||AT&T released a new Windows 10 update (MR1) on July 28th, 2016, for the Lumia 830 (SKUs 6664A).
Model: Lumia 830 RM-983
OS version: 10.0.10586.218
Firmware revision: 02179.00000.16201.54051
Software update includes Windows 10 operating system:
- Built-in Applications – photos, maps, messaging, music, video and more.
- Cortana – personal assistant
- Improved multi-task and organize capability for improved productivity
- OneDrive - online storage
- Secureboot - supports quick and secure reboot
- Windows Defender - malicious malware protection
- Windows Store - for access to hundreds of thousands of applications.
What to expect after the update: Although there should be no impacts to settings or data, we recommend that you back up your media files to a PC, or by using a favorite application, prior to upgrading the software. You won’t be able to use your phone while the update installs.
To update the software: The upgrade to Windows 10 is an “opt-in” experience. You will need to download and install the Windows Upgrade Advisor app on your device and enable it for the upgrade. Enable must be checked to get the upgrade. The package will be pushed via OTA directly to the device. You will have the option to "postpone" or "install" the update immediately to your device. The software can be downloaded via a Wi-Fi connection. If you select to "postpone" the installation of the update, the notification will pop up again in about two days. The notification cannot be postponed permanently.